[Call for papers]
Vol. 49. No. 1 del 2024
Revista Ciencia y Sociedad
Ciencia y Sociedad, an international journal with inter-and multi-transdisciplinary orientation and dean of scientific dissemination in the Dominican Republic, invites contributors interested in submitting their research articles, essays, bibliographic articles, and book reviews for the special issue Vol. 49 No. 1 of 2024.
Ciencia y Sociedad will focus this special issue on the following relevant topics about Latin America and the Caribbean:
- Coloniality and its social and cultural consequences in studies on the past and present of Latin America and the Caribbean.
- The social, cultural, and educational reality of Latin America and the Caribbean. Problems, present, and challenges.
- Latin America and the Caribbean. Cultural consumption, identity, and virtual environments.
- Materialization of sexual and reproductive rights. Socio-legal and gender issues.
- Culture, society, technology, and daily life in the Caribbean.
- Governance and public policies. Implementation and evaluation challenges in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Climate change, ecological adaptation and socio-cultural transformations in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Social imaginaries, cultural heritage, tourism, and ideas of "nation branding.”
- Religiosity, cosmovision, magic, and mythology in the visual arts of the Caribbean.
Ciencia y Sociedad seeks to foster dialogue, interaction, and debate between different theoretical discourses and lines of research in the Social Sciences and Humanities and between these and other scientific disciplines. It aims to show a broad, diverse, and complex notion of Social Sciences and Humanities adopting trans and multidisciplinary perspectives. Papers and contributions should be sent through the platform https://revistas.intec.edu.do/index.php/ciso. For more information, you can also write to firstname.lastname@example.org and visit the editorial guidelines and instructions for authors through the send section https://revistas.intec.edu.do/index.php/ciso/about/submissions in our platform.
Deadline for submissions: January 20, 2024.